Introduction - Public Health
Public health is field that seeks to improve lives and the health of communities through the prevention and treatment of disease and the promotion of healthy behaviors such as healthy eating and exercise.
A public health system is a combination of public, private, and voluntary organizations that contribute to the delivery public health services.
The public health system usually includes:
- Public health agencies at state and local levels
- Healthcare providers
- Public safety agencies
- Human service and charity organizations
- Education and youth development organizations
- Recreation and arts-related organizations
- Economic and charity organizations
- Environmental agencies and organizations
- Healthcare.gov, https://www.healthcare.gov/glossary/public-health/
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, https://www.cdc.gov/nphpsp/essentialservices.html